- Local activities including toddler groups.
- Local childcare, pre schools and schools.
- Family health including pregnancy and birth, tooth care, baby feeding, family meals, smoke free homes.
- Money matters.
Please contact us to talk about this or anything else you see on this website
In Central Bedfordshire schools are arranged into three 'tiers'.
- Lower School - Reception - year 4 (4 - 9 year olds) (Some lower schools have a nursery unit for the children before the 'reception year', usually from the term in which they turn four)
- Middle School - year 4 - year 8 (9 - 13 year olds)
- Upper School - year 9 - year 13 (13 - 18 year olds) (years 12 and 13 is sixth form and some students go to college instead)
For other schools in Central Bedfordshire contact the Family and Youth Information Service.
You can read the Ofsted inspection reports at www.ofsted.gov.uk
To apply for a school place contact Central Bedfordshire Council.
Making a Difference in Central Bedfordshire
Shefford and District Children’s Centre is run by Central Bedfordshire Council.